August 28, 2020 : The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) has introduced a few changes in the curriculum of Higher Secondary (HS) Commerce Stream, Notification regarding which is uploaded in to official website of the Council www.ahsec.in. A few changes are highlighted below:
1. The subject “Banking” has been renamed as “Finance” without any changes in the syllabus of the said subject.
2. The subject “Commercial Mathematics & Statistics” is renamed as “Business Mathematics & Statistics” without any changes in the syllabus of said subject.
3. Under the new system, the subjects Business Studies and Accountancy will not be considered as Core Subjects but the students of Commerce Stream must have to appear the examination on both the subjects.
4. The students will have to secure at least the passing marks in both the subjects i.e Business Studies and Accountancy.
5. In the new system, for result purpose, the marks of the Best Three (3) elective subjects will be considered in their division along with the core subjects – English and MIL/ALTE.
This was stated in a press release by the Secretary Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) on August 27, 2020.
It also states that the few changes will be effective from the H.S. First Year batch, 2020-21 onwards.