Fire reduces house to ashes near Mahur in Dima Hasao

Haflong, January 7, 2020 : In an unfortunate incident at Nomjang village, under Mahur Police Station, a house belonging to Lamjahao Lienthang was completely burnt to ashes by an inferno at around 2am on 6th January 2020.

The locals said that the fire totally gutted the house with all the properties in the kitchen, but there was no casualty as the family were sleeping when the fire broke out as it was still night at 2.30 am. However,  all  household belonging in the house were burnt down, which includes kitchen materials and all professional tools for cultivation, etc.

 “Not even a spoon could be saved, as the flame of the fire spread rapidly when the Gas Cylinder burst, consuming  the structures of the house and all properties ” they said. Luckily there was no casualty.

“We were lucky in unlucky or unfortunate incident; no one was hurt in the unfortunate incident!”, they exclaimed. It was kitchen, no one stayed there. Besides, even none of the family members did not know until Cylinder was burst. “Had any one was there before the burst, there must have been casualty.

When enquired about the cause and source of the fire, no one could ascertain. But elders expressed doubt that the family might have left the fire without fully extinguished at night, which the wind spread and cylinder burst.

The villagers and neighbours, unable to look at the pathetic condition of the family and with sympathy, built a simple thatch house so that the family could cook and have meal. Some neighbours also have given help in cash and kind.   

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *