August 23, 2020 : The Gauhati University has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Final semester examinations which are scheduled to be held in September.
The Notification was issued by Controller of Examination, Gauhati University dated 22 August 2020, as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for conducting Examinations by Gauhati University, which is read :
This is for information of all concerned that keeping in view the current pandemic, the following procedure will be followed for conducting different examinations for Gauhati University and its affiliated Colleges/Institutes.
- Promotion of intermediate semester students will be considered on the basis of Internal Assessment marks and theory marks in the earlier semesters subject to the fact that they have completed the online submission of examination forms.
- Final semester examinations will be conducted in blended mode maintaining COVID-19 protocol and the relevant SOP published by the UGC for the purpose. (Blended Mode: Assessment for 50% marks offline examination and remaining 50% as mentioned in point 4 below).
- The question paper(s) for offline examinations will cover the whole syllabus but the students will need to attempt questions for 50% marks only.
- The remaining 50% marks will be calculated on the basis of internal assessment.
- The Heads of respective Academic Departments, G.U. are requested to finalise the mode of action in relation to dissertation in consultation will Controller of Examinations, Gauhati University.