Haflong, July 17, 2020 : On receiving the government advisories from the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), Dispur, Deputy Comissioner Dima Hasao cum Chairman DDMA, Paul Barua has written to the authority at the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council requesting for compliance by the line departments under the administrative control of the council. As per the order from ASDMA, to prevent the spread of novel corona virus (COVID-19) in market places, bus-stands etc. maintaining all protocols of COVID-19, the following advisories are to be followed strictly. District Administration, CEO, Chairman, Municipal Boards will ensure the strict implementation of advisory by the Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee.
Advisory to be followed by Lessee while administering a daily/weekly market:
a) The Market committee / Local administration / Lessee will follow orders issued by the State Govt./ District Administration regarding date and time of opening and closing of market place including lockdown orders and restrictive orders issued by Govt. of Assam from time to time.
b) The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee will ensure sanitization of market place before opening and after closing of the market/bazaar on daily basis.
c) The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee will make necessary arrangements for announcement through public miking in market place regarding the advisory to be followed at the “entry” and “exit” of market place.
d) The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee will ensure pre-positioning of display board on relevant advisories in the “Entry” and “Exit” of the market place.
e) The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee may restrict entry of customers in large congregations at a time. Batch wise entry into the market place may be allowed and tokens/ time cards may be issued to each batch entering the market. ..
f) The distance between each shop or street vendor should not be less than 2 meter.
g) Specific markings may be made with sufficient distance to manage the queue and ensure social distancing in the market place.
h) Advisory on Entry and exit into the market place/haat-bazaar should be adhered to by the public
) The Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee will ensure deployment of volunteers at appropriate locations (including entry and exit) of market places to guide general public / customers on social distancing norms etc.
j) Install hand washing points in conspicuous places and keep sufficient hand-wash.
k) Impose fine in case of any violations regarding spitting etc.
A. Advisory for “Entry” into the market place:
- Only asymptomatic persons shall be allowed in the market place.
- People should wash their hands with soap and water before entering the market place or sanitize hands using hand sanitizers installed by market committee/ local administration/lessee.
- Posters/ standees on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently. Audio and Video clips to spread awareness on preventive measures for COVID-19 should be regularly played at selective locations.
- The customers / general public entering the market place will ensure compulsory wearing of masks. Fine may be imposed if necessary, for any violations.
- Strict adherence of social distancing norms will be maintained and 1 meter distance will be maintained amongst the general public/ customers. The customers are advised to stand in queue and maintain 1 meter distance amongst them.
- Use of Polythene/ Plastic bags in market place is prohibited. People should carry cloth bags or baskets for shopping of essentials items/ groceries/ vegetables etc.
- Disposal of face masks in public place in market areas shall be strictly prohibited.
- Spitting in market place / public space shall be strictly prohibited.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co- morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purpose.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- All vendors/ shopkeepers will compulsorily use face masks and alcohol based hand sanitizers. The notes and coins should be sanitized using alcohol based sanitizer before handing over exchange notes /coins to the customer. The vendors/ shopkeepers will compulsorily wear hand gloves.
B. Advisory for “Exit” from the market place:
- Token/ time card will be handed over to person assigned by Market committee/ Local administration/ Lessee at the exit.
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots and outside the market area – duly following social distancing norms shall be organized.
- Closed dustbins should be installed at appropriate locations outside market place for disposal of face masks and hand gloves.
- Toilets, as per size of the market should be installed at appropriate location.
- Hygiene should be ensured in toilets.
- Devise a proper mechanism for waste disposal specifically waste generated due to vegetable waste, garbage etc.
(N.B: 1. This advisory will be applicable on re-opening of daily & weekly markets /haat-bazaars or as per orders issued by Govt. of Assam for opening of markets/ bazaars
- In case of non-compliance of the orders, penalty will be imposed u/s 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 besides legal action under Section 188 of the /PC)